MARSHALL, Texas – As next week approaches for NCAA Division III Week, East Texas Baptist University will have several items taking place for the student-athletes, students, and fans. ETBU will have social media takeovers, cookouts, and a service project happening.
The biggest event will take place on Wednesday as ETBU student-athletes will be participation in a Samaritan’s Feet project at the local Marshall, Texas, elementary schools. ETBU athletes raised over $1,500 in February for the event to bring shoes to East Texas children. These athletes will be able to wash the feet of the children and give them a new pair of socks and shoes.
Other events during the week will be a Fellowship of Christian Athletes outing on Monday night featuring new women’s basketball coach Rusty Rainbolt. On Thursday there is a Java Jam on campus where student-athletes will go and participate in a coffee house setting. Friday night will feature a cookout for all in attendance at the ETBU baseball and softball games put on by the athletic department as Vice President of Athletics Ryan Erwin will be doing the cooking. Saturday offers the softball and baseball alumni day partnered with StrikeOut Cancer games at Taylor Field (softball) and the James Morgan Memorial series (baseball) with another cookout for those alumni coming back for the weekend.
The ETBU campus will be busy all week promoting the student-athletes, too, through social media. There will be several student-athlete TigerTakerOvers on Instagram and SnapChat under GoETBUTigers.
Schedule of Events
- Monday: FCA Outing – 9:00 p.m. (Rusty Rainbolt – speaker)
- Wednesday: Samaritan’s Feet Service Project (3:00 – 5:00 p.m.)
- Thursday: Java Jam with the students (8:00 – 10:00 p.m. – Lineberry Hall)
- Friday: Cookout at the ETBU softball/baseball games (6:00 – 8:00 p.m.)
- Saturday: StrikeOut Cancer game (Softball), James Morgan Memorial Day (Baseball), Baseball/Softball alumni day (cookout for alumni)